| Above: A before shot of the dated, sad living room. This is going to be the art wall. (left) The walls in the living room are now painted a deep shade of grey and the floor have been stained a warm, walnut color. I'll share the after shots in a few weeks!! |
Loving all the art surrounding it. You notice the beautiful gallery wall instead of the TV.
ReplyDeleteKaty www.designsbykaty.com
You'll love it! We have an art wall in our guest bedroom/extra tv space. The tv is inside a small cabinet and the art goes up and around.
ReplyDeleteIt's the best way to hang all those little bits with a few big anchor pieces that would look lost on a wall all by themselves. And every time you collect a new piece just add it to the group!
The TV and art wall are a great idea. I have grown to really dislike the television ( especially these huge flat screen things) to be the focal point of a room. I am not a lover of art hung in gimmicky ways and having it near the floor shouts gimmick to me .. no one wants to lean down, bend, squat to look at a picture .. unless you are doing it for a child, I see no point.
ReplyDeleteSome things just work better the way they have always been done.
Meanwhile, we moved into a house with many more rooms than my Argentine apartment yet there are less walls to hang things . This makes no sense :)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteGreat Article, I just launched a blog so that it goes in hand with my home design and remolding business so this article really resonated with me