1. This Kitchen is pretty amazing. Two toned kitchens will remain a big trend in 16! via Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles. I also still love grey.
2. Who wouldn't love a heart locket?? Keeping a photo of your favorite people (person) close to your heart would bring me peace.
3. It's a snow day here in Boston, so my kiddies are home. I'm thinking it is more of a cupcake day then a gym day. (the gym was my original plan but now that's out)
4. and 5. First off, how does someone always looks so perfect?? I know an unlimited budget would help but seriously I can't find many outfits I don't like Olivia in.
The lace up flat is still a huge YES for Spring. Purchase yours here, (pictured pair), here (lower budget pair) or here. (Aquazzura pair)
6. House painted entirely white are so chic looking! (especially when they have good lines) I'm contemplating that look for my own lil ranchola.
Friday, February 5, 2016
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 2/04/2016
Monday, February 1, 2016
|With Valentine's Day (for me it isn't just about "romantic love" but a day to celebrate all the love in my life) right around the corner and it being the first day of February, I thought we could use a shot of vibrant pink 'round here. This nursery surely isn't for the faint of heart but it's cheery and not overly babyish, which I love! I bet the grass cloth walls look fabulous in person. Shannon Wollack's daughter Poppy (also my kitty's name) will grow with this nursery. The light fixture and bathroom wall covering is pretty glamorous too. Check out the rest of the details on this nursery via Domaine.|
|The designer used Kelly Wearstler's crescent wallpaper in the bathroom.|
|Now if I could only keep my daughter's clothing this organized!|
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 2/01/2016
Saturday, January 30, 2016
Thank god for Saturdays! I actually need to sneak in some paper work today but it is nice to wake up and not have to get the kiddies off to school or be on a tight schedule. Here's what's going down at Shelter....xoxo
1. I'm still liking the tassel trend and may need one of these to compliment my spring looks!
2. Ummm, I could use a little palm beach right about now! This cheery upbeat style when not "over done" is classically fun!
3. I've been doing a ton of rug shopping with and for my clients lately and although we tend to choose the perfect rug for their homes I always come across new styles that I love. I have a number of pretty Khotan's (the pictured type of rug) being dropped at a client's today. The soft but modern graphics designs are gorgeous. I'm hoping they choose a similar style for their dining room. We did a beautiful grass cloth on the walls!!
4. Yes, please to black cabinets in the kitch! Gen and Ben Sohr of Pencil and Paper Co. never disappoint with their impeccable taste and cohesive designs. Photography: Leslee Mitchell. This La Cornue range is on my wish list too.
5. I think I need a pair of cropped kick flare jeans! There are a number of great designs available but these are cute!!
6. True, true.
7. I've been noticing simple fur embellishments on sandals for the Spring!
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 1/30/2016
Thursday, January 28, 2016
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 1/28/2016
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
|This addition by Amber Interiors borrows from and is inspired by the "barn vernacular".|
The possibilities of what can be accomplished on the inside of a barn inspired home are endless. I thought the home of The Executive Vice President of Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma brands, Monica Bhargava, was a layered and interesting home. The vaulted ceilings and mix of old and new works well here. She terms it "globally-inspired", because she keeps the palette tight it all really works! Images via: House Beautiful
I am sure you have already seen Joanna and Chip's latest barn reconversion on Fixer Upper here.
Although their tight budgets would never stretch quite as far in the Northeast!
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 1/26/2016
Monday, January 25, 2016
Hi loves, I ran out of time for this post on Friday! So here is a collection of what I am currently admiring!! I'm so excited my new office is being painted today. Stayed tuned for the palette and look this week! Woot woot.
1. I am a huge fan of Marlien Rentmeester and all things fashion she does. Her updated office is featured on One King's Lane this month. It is perfectly imperfect. If anyone has worked with me they know I love a cohesive design but I always throw it off with unexpected details. Perfectly matched is so predictable isn't it??
I follow this philosophy in fashion too. Marlien's posts and outfits are always so interesting, layered etc.etc.!
Here is another peek at her office...
2. I basically adore everything on Julie Vos's site. I am buying one of these cuffs! I'm a jewelry collector big time..My daughter will be so lucky as a teen, of course I'll share my baubles with her. (if she wants to wear them, that is)
3. I may steel away this winter for a long weekend. Tulum is calling my name. Check out Style Me Pretty's mini guide to this beautiful place..
4. In honor of Martin Luther King's birthday this month, I thought I'd share one of his fabulous quotes.
5. Sort of think I need one of these for my new office!
6. Look at these Loeffler Randall sandals??? Gah.
7. She looks flawless....I am a HUGE fan of winter white. I need to hunt down this top - perfection!!
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 1/25/2016
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
|In stark contrast to yesterday's post, today, I am day dreaming about a major escape from this cold snap. To top it off we are expecting anywhere from 12"-36" of snow this weekend on the East coast. I stumbled upon this little jewel and actually would LOVE to rent it for a week someday. I've always dreamed of visiting Harbour Island. Trish Becker and her husband lovingly restored this adorable home. Trish is also a jeweler and many of her pieces are inspired by the summers she spent on Harbour Island growing up. This gem of a cottage can be rented by the night or weekly. Check out Trish's jewelry here and the deets on renting this home here. All images via Coastal Living.|
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
|Via Aerin Lauder - Instagram (that chair!! All her homes are just such a treat for the eyes!)|
|There is no denying that winter has arrived here in Boston, with the temperatures hovering around 18 degrees today, I've been doing everything I can to keep warm, stay happy and save my skin! Besides these using staples, I |
Sweatshirts - I love the idea of wearing chic sweatshirts that you can dress up or down. A plus side to having your own work space is that I can dress as I please and only need to dress up if I am working with a client or heading out to shop! I live in cozy tops and jeans on my "office days'. Buy this Joie one here.
A down jacket - I invest in a new down jacket every few years. They get lots of use and I can usually find one I love. The longer versions like this do a great job at keeping you warm. I'll splurge on a Canadian Goose Down someday!! Find this one here.
Faux fur blankets - I could have one of these in each room. I cuddle up with soft blankets and a cup of tea when I watch a great movie.
Face balm - My skin feels VERY dry this year. I just bought this last night. My dear friend Sarah works with them and introduced me to all their wonderful products.
Vanicream - I bought this body cream for my son when he was a baby...I am still using it and ordered a new tub last night! I slather it on when I get out of the shower..It is unscented and does wonders for dry skin.
Boots! - You can't live in New England without warm boots. I am torn on buying these Moon boots or your classic Sorels!
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 1/19/2016