Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Slipper Chair...

Martha Stewart - Slipper Chair - I love this feminine version


As defined in Merriam-Webster: "An armless upholstered chair
with short legs"

The slipper chair was originally used as a small bedroom chair in the early 19th century, since then this compact, versatile staple has been employed by an array of design icons...

David Hicks often used the slipper chair in his work

Billy Baldwin slipper chair

Anthony Lawrence-Belfair beautifully fabricates
the "style-icons" slipper chairs
(unfortunately,these are to the trade only - pls. email me for more info.)

Possible options: Billy Baldwin, Elsie Dewolf, The Hadley slipper chair

Billy Baldwin's slipper
Classic slipper chair upholstered in
Quadrille fabric - Lyford
Ruthie Summers



Barrie Benson - Mid Century Slipper Chair
Image: Domino Similar style available through Downtown

Windsor Smith - Tufted Slipper Chair



Jeffrey Bilhuber
You can usually spot a slipper chair
in his projects.

Image: Design Basics

Check out his new release: DEFINING LUXURY

3 comments:

Beth said...

i love the tufted windsor. i'll take one for my room!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do too.

LindsB said...

I was just going to write I love the tufted one too, I guess its a favorite!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails