Thursday, December 18, 2008

CREATIVE SPACE - A DESIGNER'S PLACE

Sorry for the lack of posts, it's been a crazy week.
Image: InStyle Home, Winter 07.
Designer Jennifer Delonge's amazing office, have you seen her entire fresh + funky home? If not, let me know, I'll be happy to post it...{it's fashionably cool}

While I'm on the subject, I had to mention her new line of graphic prints......


Orlando Diaz-Azcuy's clean labratory {he has his employees wear white lab coats}
Image: Interior Design Magazine, March 2005.

This is a snapshot of my office, it's definitely a work in progress.

The walls are a deep chocolate, the desk is white lacquer, and my chair is far from finished. {see below} I found that baby one Christmas Eve {day} just waiting for me on the side of the road. I've been known to stop traffic for a find with good lines..in any case, I'm going to cover it in a rich, warm coral velvet and spray the legs a high gloss white...My rug is sea grass and the windows are going to be covered in floor to ceiling white, duck cloth drapes...for a shot of pattern I am using a chocolate and white damask on a simple skirted chair. I need art work etc, but it's evolving.... I'll keep you posted on the progress. oh and the ceiling is covered in a shagreen wall covering...

My inspiration board {tack board courtesy of Pottery Barn}
I'm always adding to this....

{I apologize for the flash, my office is on the North side of the house}



The chair + the fabric + eventually white, glossy legs


The Queen herself..
Image: Modern Glamour

Children's wear designer Cordelia de Castellane's, home office nook is tucked under her staircase Image: House and Garden

Celerie Kemble's Office
Image: Celerie Kemble

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Love your chair (and the whole scheme for your office)... you're giving me confidence to go with velvet. xo Betsy

Anonymous said...

Go with velvet Sister!!! xo. Julie

Velvet and Linen said...

Your inspiration board is...inspirational!
Love the deep green kravet velvet. I love their velvets. They are so soft and not too expensive.
That graphic green and white fabric is beautiful as well. Is it one of those Quadrille lovelies?
Thank you for sharing.

xo
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brooke. The green velvet from Kravet is the prettiest color and I agree their velvets are well priced. Yes, the green and white fabric is rep'd by Quadrille, it's the Alan Campbell line. I love their fabrics!!!

No.35style said...

I love the mix of traditional and modern in her office. I've not seen the rest of her home, so please do post! You have some great ideas for your office. That chair was sure a lucky find! Can't wait to see how it all comes together!

Anonymous said...

I love Jennifer Delonge's office, I'll post the rest of her place this week.

Unknown said...

I have almost all of the same images from your inspiration board saved to my computer! I am so in love with that dining room by Peter Dunham.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails