Sunday, April 5, 2009

Georgia on my mind..

Erwin-Lineback Photography


I've always wanted to visit Savannah and the Islands off the coast of Georgia. I can't think of a better time then this month to head South. Savannah College of Art and Design is hosting their yearly Scad Style. I can't get over the amazing line up of speakers they have. I've listed just a few of the speakers, please be sure to check their events calendar for more! {unfortunately I can't make it this year, but I'm going to mark my calendar for a 2010 visit.} For the full skinny visit their site.





Rita Konig 4/14
Lela Rose 4/16 + Miles Redd 4/15

Jonathan Adler + Simon Doonan 4/9

A glimpse of Savannah's beautiful architecture, and quaint streets.




John Berenut's novel - I read this book in the early 90's. I may have to rent the movie again soon!


Image: Ballstone Inn

Image: Southern Living

Because shopping is always a must when traveling...
also see Vintage general

dc2design


24E


samples of 24E's - Scad decor tour




24 E furniture + lighting


The Paris Market and Brocante




The Cafe cookies - almost look too pretty to eat


I'm sure I could find the perfect spot for this grey hound pillow + lamp




Blue Belle is a clothing boutique that carries lines by a slew of my favorite designers, including Milly, Tory Burch, Elle Moss, Trina Turk, Sky, Kooba...




Mint Boutique - sells clothing, home and personal accessories



Here's a quick peek at some of their inventory...What's better than fashion and home decor in one shop?
Bliss Studio - Pillows and accessories


Arteriors home - love their lighting + mirrors




10 comments:

Unknown said...

I am dying to go to Savannah! It looks gorgeous and the SCAD event sounds fabulous.

Rebecca June | Sea Island Drive said...

I now immeadiately want to be in Savannah. Especially for when Jonathan Adler and Simon are speaking. I die.

xoxo

Rebecca June

bluehydrangea said...

Rita Konig, Miles Redd, Jonathan Adler!! Could it get any better? Only if I was there! Thanks for the info.

me said...

You must come to Savannah! It's one of the prettiest places to visit - especially in the spring when everything is blooming. You can't miss the Paris Market . . . it's one of my favorite shops.

Megan said...

Savannah and Cumberland Island have been on my wish list of travel spots for some time now; thank you for the sweet tour albeit via the net. I’d love to pack my bags and see Lela Rose present at SCAD Style!!

Pink Wallpaper said...

i am going to try and make it to the SCAD tour of homes in May...you should totally go :)

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Charleston, SC. is also on my list! Lucky you, that you live so close. Have fun and def. fill me in on your trip. Maybe next Spring we should host a blogger's meet up there!

Best,
Julie

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Charleston, SC is also on my list. Lucky you, have fun!!! Def. let me know how it was. Maybe I'll venture down next year. The weather is still too chilly here in Boston.

Best,
Julie

Rebecca Corvese said...

I've never been and I SO want to go there! I love the pics, especially of the Ballstone Inn. It just looks gorgeous... so regal, yet welcoming.

Jacob said...

This is the good blog with good images and good details. Please keep on posting the more stuff. I will like to hear more from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails