Monday, August 10, 2009

BOOK WORM..

{LACK before - coming soon - LACK after}

Like most interior designers {or design/home obsessed individuals} I never have enough storage for all my "stuff".. tear sheets, books, client binders, pretty things..So I purchased the ever-useful, affordable LACK book case from Ikea last week. I'm so excited to set it up, organize and display my objects. {pictures to come soon}. What I really love though, is manipulating dead space for floor to ceiling built in book cases! Here are a few favorites.




I know this is a bit of the "book" subject, but I don't know a woman {or stylish} man who doesn't need extra space for shoes + bags!
Images: Domino, Kelly Wearstler, Cookie, Design Sponge

6 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher ♥ said...

Last week I was watching Sarah Richardson on Design, Inc. who made the statement (hope I heard it correctly?) that she "didn't like bookcases". I was shocked! I adore them & think they give a room such character & history when often it's missing just that. I love the bathroom idea as well. Never can have too much space for those treasured items!

Semigloss Chic said...

The top photo has been tacked up on my inspiration board for a while now. I'm loving Kelly's half bookcase half closed storage. And, oh to have a library ladder. I would die!

bluehydrangea said...

that bathroom so puts my bathroom to shame! can't wait to see pictures of your book case.

Rebecca June said...

I am very excited to see what you do with your LACK! I feel as though there are many quality pieces at Ikea that just have not quite reached their full potential.

xoxo

Rebecca June

My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER said...

If anything book cases are functional. I don't like having books all over the house and for my design business a book case/shelf is a MUST for fabrics etc. esp. with a two year old running around. I agree with you and could never part with my design books.

LindsB said...

ohh, yeah! Post pictures soon, I have the same issue. Plus, with the organization of the BF's office I could use all the storage advice I can get.

I cant wait to see them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails