Thursday, February 4, 2010

How Sweet...

My posts may be a on the quick side for the next few weeks, between my new baby and my active two year old, I am a bit on the busy side...thank god for Sesame Street..

So I don't know about the old wives tales and pregnancy, but my sweet tooth was insane with this pregnancy. I'm scared to even think about stuffing myself back into my jeans again. I honestly consumed enough hot fudge sundaes to last me a lifetime. The crazy thing is, the cravings haven't slowed down; I still love all things sweet. I'm smitten with pretty colors and feminine design details. I guess that's to be expected right?

I just adore Ruthie Sommer's ice-cream parlor inspired breakfast nook design! The Saarinen table, the classic white chairs, the bright linen upholstery in a rainbow of colors, the chocolate stripes, the light pink paint accents.. sweet perfection.


Images: Traditional Home

7 comments:

Priscilla Joy said...

The chairs are so lovely. Makes you want to be a little girl again. :)

Ivy Lane said...

You have a newborn AND a 2 year old??!! Yowsa!!!! You are an inspiration my dear!!!!

Nadine said...

Seriously gasped when I saw the second photo... those chairs are so CUTE! I have 2 girls so I understand your current love for all things girly. Sweet cravings make sense. I craved olives??? Anyway, I hated them before Larissa & then I craved them when I was pregnant and still like them now. STRANGE. :) Oh, and I too LOVE Sesame Street. :)

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

o i love that brown on the wall!! hopefully our next house (we're moving) will have a nice bright space where i can do that! love how it looks. lovely post!

mb said...

What a happy spot to linger, read the paper, have a cup of tea... serve children lunch... I could spend hours in a room like that.

Thanks for sharing.
New baby? A two year old? Holy crow, you are busy.

chichunters said...

that is very sweet.

www.chichunters.blogspot.com

Abby said...

I love the bold chocolate stripes and the candy colored chairs.

Take care of yourself and that new little baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails