Friday, June 25, 2010

Inspired


J. Crew is undeniably on fire lately! I am continually inspired by well "everything" but today it was by the adorable video on their site! {i need to download that french song}. I bought this shirt a few weeks ago..and love how they mix it up.{imagine having those legs-you could wear anything} I can't get enough of stripes lately {i'm sure this will pass}.
I often use fashion as a starting point for my design projects, you could build a room on these three images alone! {see below for some ideas}
love the bend wood chair in a weathered version. {i have one that I need to revamp, still toying with some ideas - but this looks cool}


Also like what "Ascot Friday" did with her stripes..the tan, black look is working for me!
this is sort of how my brain functions and where the inspiration begins to take me design wise! { i work this way for all my clients - now you know why i LOVE my job!}



this rug is a steal right now here!
{throw in some crisp white drapes and either a weathered dining table and lacquered Thonet bentwood chair or the reverse and your done!}

this rug is from Madeline Weinrib

I'll leave you with a quote my husband received this week..

Fortune Cookie Wisdom:

"Your happiness is before you, not behind you! Cherish it."

{I'm living for the moment, I can't look to Fall fashion just yet}

Have a lovely weekend!

xx.

images: bentwood chairs and chandelier via Pieces Inc. , final image:via the glam lamb

15 comments:

Unknown said...

OK - so i'd LOVE to be able to wear short shorts like that!!!!

i'm haven' a party - come on by!!!!
*kiss kiss*
Happy Weekend!!!
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

1 Funky Woman said...

Dang, I was thinking the same thing about her legs, if only! Love the jewelry she is wearing. These gals would look good in a paper sack though!

Unknown said...

i love the fashion inspiration — j.crew is untouchable right now! i like the fortune cookie too :) have a lovely weekend!

jane said...

The link to the rug isn't working - can you let me know the url? Thanks.

Maria Johns said...

I couldn't agree more, i've watched that jcrew video a zillion times, it's so sweet, good, and inspiring! great room too!

Holly said...

Totally. Bought the Saint James shirt, have the Dorian wedge on order in black. I'm such a sucker for good marketing.

Carrie said...

Ugh, I am so mad at you right now because I just went on to JCrew's site and want EVERYTHING in that collection. Love it and great post. xoxo

Diane Bergeron said...

I love everything about this post! Thanks for the inspiration.

Hello Lover... said...

I love that sequined shirt!

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

Completely agree! I adore all of JCrew's amazingly fab outfits!

CGdesigngirl said...

The link to the rug doesn't seem to work.
but thanks to you, I might have some cute jcrew shirts in my wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you find the french song too I want it as well! Why spend on labels when JCrew makes you look & feel like a million bucks! Great post!

Abby said...

Get tired of stripes?! Never!

Lee said...

The outfits and the way the photos are set up are fabulous. Wish we all had a professional personal wardrobe person!

I NEED that black and white rug. And i'd love to get it while it's a good deal. Could you fix the link or post the source?

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

I fixed the link, so it should work now..sorry about that everyone!

J

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails