Friday, November 19, 2010

Deck the Halls..Room of the week!

I can't believe the holiday madness is right around the corner! I actually enjoy the holiday madness! I'm opting to keep my decorations simple, natural and clean this year. I love the feel of Canadian House and Home editor Suzanne Dimma's home. It's a beautiful blend of warm traditional and clean, masculine modernism.
 I love the idea of hanging an oversized wreath on the inside of the door. I also love the natural looking table top tree and all the pretty gifts surrounding it. I may go with another table top this year. I was very pregnant last year so I had a table top tree. It looked adorable. This year I may do the same. I am trying to make my home environment feel a bit different then what I've done in the past! I'll go all out next year, when my life is a bit more sane. Have a great weekend!!!

Images: Nov. 2010 Canadian House and Home. Photo: Michael Graydon


6 comments:

Kathysue said...

Very pretty and simple!! Ilove that fellow bloggers are already doing Christmas post. I think the more the merrier and I love to see what is inspiring others. I have a few post up also, I just looooove this time of year!1 Happy weekend, Kathysue

Lila said...

I love that the Christmas tree is on the table. As a mother of a toddler, that idea is genius!
xoxo
Lila ferraro

Naomi (live breathe decor) said...

What a gorgeous modern take on Christmas! Love the elegant brown curtains and the walls of framed etchings (something I am getting going at my place!).
I am an avid follower of your blog and have just started one of my own if you are ever able to visit @ livebreathedecor.com
Also loved your posts awhile ago on nurseries!!

Anonymous said...

Oh God I'm so so sick of her house in this magazine. Can't they find other houses to feature? It's been nothing but her house for the last decade. Snoresville. Please don't perpetuate it with posting it as room of the week. PLEASE.

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Love the entry way and white slipcovered sofa! Beautiful works of art! You have a wonderful blog, too! Desiree

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

I really love the Christmas tree by the window! That chevron rug also looks amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails