Thursday, February 2, 2012

back to reality

Hello, Hello! I apologize for the silence, I was taking a much needed mini-vacation to the Caribbean! (ahhh love it there). I'm officially back to reality but I'm still dreaming a little. I've decided that for my semi-retirement in about 27 years I'd like to own a little villa some place. I'd be very happy if it looked a exactly like this. I would of course extend an open invite to family and friends! It would also be for rent when I wasn't escaping for a couple of months during the winter!! A girl can dream right?? I'd better start my "cottage account" today! Hope your winter is going well, it feels like Spring is just around the corner in Boston today! 

This beautiful "cottage" is located in the Bahamas and is by designer Tom Scheerer. (I think it may even be his vacation place). I'm sure you've caught a glimpse of it before but it's amazing, so I thought I'd share it again. I love all Tom's "beach" projects.



Limed wood perfection!

 images via tom scheerer.com

7 comments:

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

Agreed! Let's start saving RIGHT NOW!!!!

I have, since the first time I saw these images, wanted something similar, it looks amazing. Those Cuban Tiles in the kitchen are AWESOME :)

...Perhaps we can split the mortgage? :)

Priscilla Joy said...

Ah the Caribbean has these amazing secret way of just bringing you back to life. I am so lucky and happy to experience this each Sunday. And love that I am living here again after so long in the cold.
Hope you had an amazing time.

mb said...

Spot on. Oh my, what inspiration. I am heading to the Nevis tomorrow and then to Jumby Bay in about four days. This post is perfect to get in the mood.

Tom Sheerer is always masterful in his interiors. Always a favorite... How about Lyford Cay?

mb from big D

Anonymous said...

Who's the fella?

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

The guy is Tom Scheerer - the designer..It must be his place.

Orbital welders said...

I have never been there...yet! But I have been told that the Caribbean was amazing!

Marisa/Stylebeat said...

Tom is the bomb! His work is so relaxed and casual with great style
x Marisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails