Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I LOVE

a home with a little bit of the unexpected, a hint of glamour and "je ne sais quoi"? Maybe some sex appeal.  People are often scared to take risks with their wardrobes and homes! I say, what do you have to lose? Especially with paint, it's a small investment, with large rewards! (my next home? will have charcoal dining walls - I'm thinking of mixing deep grey with lavender, medium navy and parrot green accents) 


Fashion stylist Jackie Astier 's home is loaded with sex appeal and a mix of amazing vintage furniture and found objects. (note: I want her entire outfit pictured above, that skirt? those shoes? killer)
Okay so my dream sofa?? That's it.  A modernized, velvet covered, tufted chesterfield. If I ever have the space or the budget that sofa will be mine! I'm also still coveting a vintage Moroccan rug. 
Don't be afraid to fill a wall with a grid of art! Think "grand gestures" when designing your home!


 Images: Elle Decor, Photography: Eric Piasecki




4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great post! thanks for the inspiration. Its just too easy to stick with what we know and to play it safe, sometimes taking a risk can totally pay off. Love all the images you have selected : )

Unknown said...

Awesome interiors - I am in love with it too. Great share!

My Interior Life said...

Oh, I loved it too. I actually have one of her furniture pieces in my home and blogged about it recently. She's so fearless with her decorating.

http://www.myinteriorlife.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-famous-furniture.html

Anci said...

Yes, I want to be brave to do a change and do more !!

XX
Anci

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails