I went to New York for an extended weekend. It was a whirlwind but amazing time. Fashion week began the night I arrived so the city was abound with fashionistas. I flew down to meet a very sweet friend who was kind enough to invite me to stay with him at Andaz Hotel. (a peaceful escape from the craziness). We fit so much into this trip. Here's a short photographic journey of some of the things I did and sites I saw. I was also able to catch Book of Mormon on Broadway! I know this sounds cliche, but I LOVE NY. It's one of my favorite places to visit and is only a 45 minute flight from Boston.
From Top Left to Right:
1. Street artists painting the doors of Hotel Andaz. (Where I stayed)
2. Detail of sculptural at The Met
3. Tory Burch lucite and brass door pull detail. (Meat Packing District location)
4. View from the Boathouse in Central Park
5. Bryant Park
6. Painting Detail of Bohemia Lies by the Sea - Anselm Kiefer (and the color inspiration for my new room when i move)
7. Inside The Empire State Building
1. View from the top of The Empire State Building
2. NYC public library
3. Bryant Park - a great place for a late day beer
4. Sarcophagus detail at The Met - Greek
5. Children drawing at The Met - I love how involved they were!
6. A snapshot of the lounge area at The Standard, Highline