Friday, April 26, 2013

Kitchen Love

Phew, what a week! I'm working on a three kitchen designs right now. One of my clients is in the process of selecting the stone. We both love the look of  Chinese Calcutta and Carrara marble but don't love the maintenance issues. The kitchen pictured here uses Chinese Calcutta stone in a honed finish.
Quartzite is another option. It is much more durable but with the durability comes a pretty steep price tag of $100-$185 a square foot!
I'll keep you posted on our progress. I'm actually going to be uploading a recently photographed kitchen design to my website very soon.


Have a wonderful weekend! I'm hoping I can maintain my regular blogging schedule next week!
I love well thought out kitchen details such as a storage knife drawer. 


All images via New England Design Works






3 comments:

the designers muse said...

Hi Julie,
I've never heard of Chinese Calcutta. But I'm curious. I'm assuming it's less expensive than Italian Calacatta. Many of my clients are looking for something similar to Calacutta but at a better price point. Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer

boulder walls Gold Coast said...

Oh, this looks awesomely beautiful. Nice share!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie:

Can you update us on what happened with this? I am also on a deadline to choose a slab, love marble, but am a slob and so are my kids. The alternatives like Quartzite are much more expensive but was wondering if you found a marble alternative that doesn't look awful like the ones I have seen. I am so over granite but the composites don't have the interest and movement I probably need. I would love to know how a designer solves this beauty v reality issue.
Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails