Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Welcome Home!

My house hunt is in "full effect." The market is tight but, I'm convinced I'll find the perfect little abode soon enough. My search has got me thinking about homes in general but mostly about first impressions. Luckily, I'm able to drive up to a shabby place and envision the best. I feel blessed to have this ability especially with my budget.
The homes I'm scouting are about an 1/8 of the size of these but almost any home, no matter the dimensions, can be treated with love and made beautiful. My plan is to start with a classic foundation on the exterior paint color (in either light grey or crisp white) and then add a layer of interest and unexpected detail with either a detailed front door (image 1) or a pop of vibrant color.(image 5)
Your home should be a reflection of you, a welcome presence that greets you after a long day. From farmhouse to transitional to modern to classic this round-up of homes proves there is a look and style for everyone! Do you know your style? Or favorite look?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your hunt! Hope you are still considering Hingham... We need you down here!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Thank you! I'm trying to stay positive!!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Oh and I'm looking on the South Shore only!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I agree. A home can be made warm and welcoming regardless of the size or style. Happy hunting!

ALLAROUNDEVE said...

Orange doors are our exec's dream come true :D

Best,
the ALLAROUNDEVE team

Anonymous said...

hello, georgeous pictures!!what house is pcture number 1?? would love to see the rest of the house!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails