Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thoughts on home - contemplating

So my new home renovations are well under way! The paint swatches are up and my ideas are rolling. Let me just say out loud that my Dad is a saint.!!! My business is booming (feel like a lucky girl) so I haven't had much time for labor these days. My father, however, has been painting like a maniac for me. I'll of course be sharing some before photos with you soon.
 
Here's what's on my mind and radar this week!!
 
SOFA: I need a new sofa. I'm thinking I'm going to go with classic and cozy, much like Sofia's English roll arm pictured here. It mixes well with both modern and traditional decor. I'd consider myself a transitionalist at heart! I'll be taking some risks for sure, but I don't think I could pull the trigger on a pink sofa. It does look gorge with those white walls though doesn't it??


 NEXT UP: I've shared this image of Jenna already but it was really the impetus for my entire design. I love to mix casual + glam and high + low details into my designs. I also took much of my paint color palette inspiration from this photgraph. I'm going with white and grey walls in the main living area.(see there really is a method to our madness!)
 
AND ONTO THE GREY:
I've decided to be daring and paint the living room and hallway off of the lr a deep shade of grey. The color will mix beautifully with all the other elements and colors I'm considering. I have three paint swatches on the wall, now I just need to choose the perfect one!!
 
 THE FLOORS: I'm going with a dark floor finish. My first choice would be a light limed finish exactly like the one in Lee's kitchen (below) but it is a three part process and they can't guarantee the results unless it's a newer floor. (mine is not) so dark it is!! I'd love to use very light, limed floors someday. Maybe when I  build or remodel a beach cottage at some point!! I'm just grateful for my new little ranchola!

Floor perfection
 POWDER ROOM PRETTY: I would love to use a paper in the bathroom! It's a small home so I don't have a powder room. This Osborne and Little paper (just ordered this one for a client) and Jonathan Adler's emerald bamboo print are definitely both contenders!!


Those are my thoughts for this week!! Hope you're having a great one loves! xx - Julie

6 comments:

Doreen said...

Congratulations on your new home. Can't wait to see what you do!

Christina Marie Interiors said...

Love the wallpapers, especially the blue. Can't wait to see pics of your new house! I'm currently decorating my new house too and it's a ranch! Yay for ranches :)

Kyle said...

Love all your ideas for the new home! Can't wait to see the before and after photos-I am sure it will be fabulous. I actually like dark floors and think that they will add some dramatic flair to your place! We just bought a new home and will be moving in the next several months. Can you recommend a great blue hue for my son's room. I was leaning towards Pitch Blue by Farrow and Ball, but worry it may be too dark.

Anonymous said...

Julie, loving your blog and can't wait to see how your new 'ranchola' turns out! Congrats!

Susanhttp://simplymodernhome.com

Elisabeths Borg said...

I am totally In love whit grey. We have built A new house, and our main colourin the hole house is grey. http://elisabethsborg.blogspot.no/search/label/Mitt%20hjem

In the guesttoilet i have used wallpaper.... Of course In grey:-) http://elisabethsborg.blogspot.no/2013/06/gjeste-toaletten.html

Maybe you find some inspiration:-)
Love you blog!!

Love from Elisabeth

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your new home will be beautiful! So happy for you! xoxo!

~A

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails