Friday, October 4, 2013

The One Room Challenge = Week 1!

Hello, hello! My apologies for the lack of posts this week. It's been a busy one but I'm so excited to share the news and my posts over the next six weeks. A big "thank you" to Linda from Calling it Home for inviting me to be a part of the One Room Challenge series. Myself and the amazing list of bloggers above are going to be participating in the event and final reveal. Going forward I'll be sharing my progress posts of the room design every Wednesday morning! That just wasn't an option this week!

As most of you know I'm renovating my new home that I purchased over the summer. It's a ranch and was built in 1972. It is in the perfect quaint neighborhood on the marsh. It needed a serious over-haul so I've been working to pull it together on a budget. (with lots of help from my Dad!!) I'm a firm believer that amazing designs can be executed on a budget. I'm not going to lie, it does take a little cash but spending gobs of money just wasn't an option for this single mama!

I've decided to share the living room transformation with you! Each week I'll post my progress and inspiration photos and information. Next week my post will include my design inspiration board along with a floor plan layout.

My biggest challenge is that my current furniture was purchased for a much larger room and house. I can't purchase all new furniture so I'm going to do the best I can with what I own! I look forward to sharing my ideas and the rest of the bloggers spaces with you all!! Cheers!



Here are a couple photos of the room. I'll share a two more before photos of the East and South wall later today!

My plan is to create a multifunctional room to relax and entertain in. I have a three season room that I'm going to convert into a den over the winter so until then I'll need to set up a television in this room.

Here's a list of the other participating bloggers. Be sure to check out their first week One Room Challenge posts!



here's a sampling of a few spaces that I'm currently loving! I'm envisioning my home having a Southern Cal meets classic New England style!


4 comments:

C a i t l i n said...

I am really looking forward to seeing what you do here. I've been following your blog for a while and I admire your style and the projects you've shared. It's always more interesting for me to see how a designer does up her own space and can transform a space in "real life" terms, (i.e. a budget). I am eagerly anticipating seeing that dark color on the walls. -Caitlin

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love the idea of Southern Cal meets New England. You have some great inspiration pictures. I know this will be great. Thanks for joining in.

samantha ramage said...

love your inspo! can't wait to see how the room turns out! congrats on your new home :)!!

xo
sami

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you do to that fire place. I have the same one up here in NH. My mother, who had a very country house, put the fear of painting brick in me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails