Hello, hello..So I've put together a kitchen board. This pulls together my thoughts for the space. My goal was to incorporate both classic and modern elements. I prefer clean looking but functional kitchens!
The back splash tiles are in! Next up, is ordering and having the lighting installed!
I'm very happy with the Carrara marble and my faucet so far.
Here's are the deets on the rest..
1. + 3. I retained the cabinet boxes and am having new drawers and cabinet door fronts made. I went with a simple shaker style front and am going to use brass pulls. I was contemplating campaign style pulls (photo below) but I like to cook and move around the kitchen pretty quickly so I don't think they'd be all that practical. Hardware source.
2. This is the faucet design I went with. I chose something classic. Mine is by Dado, but I can't find it anywhere online. It looks almost exactly like this but it's a little taller.
4. I chose honed Carrara marble for the countertops. It is not the most practical choice but so far I'm loving the look. I'm just sure not to keep my bottle of red wine on the counter top anymore!
5. Oops, that tile shifted on me. I went with white subway tile with a beveled edge. The bevel adds a bit more depth to the design and flat surface of the tile. This is where I saved some cash. I picked these up at Lowes for .49 cents each!!
6. I'm pretty sure I'm going with this pretty blown glass fixture. I'm going to place it above my dining table.
7. I'm using simple bamboo blinds and a drape on a brass rod over the sliding glass door. (which I'd eventually like to remove - the sliding glass door that it...)
8. I used a 12 x 24 slate like ceramic tile on the floor. I'm loving that too!
9. I own this white parsons table from West Elm. Unfortunately, they don't carry "white" anymore.
10. I also own a vintage version of these Chippendale inspired bamboo chairs. I'll be
spraying them black as soon as it gets warmer out.
11. I painted the inside of a large kitchen cabinet this pretty Emerald color. Clark+Kensington's, Irish Dance 29D-4 (in stores this Spring). I'm going to have glass doors made for the front.
12. I'm ordering this pretty nickel pendant for over the sink. I know it looks a lot like the Hicks pendant but I keep gravitating towards the simple elegance.
I need new flatware. I think this is my final choice!
|Image via (this looks so pretty)|