Thursday, April 10, 2014
Thoughts on home...landscaping
First off, I'm going to put a fresh coat of paint on the outside of the house and the front door. See this post for color ideas and a peek at my little' ole ranch. Luckily the sides of the house have shingles so I only need to paint the front. We are also going to refresh the walkway with slate and pea stone. Here are my thoughts on the photos above:
1. + 4. I'd eventually like to create a slate or brick patio in the back yard off of the three season room.
2. (top right) I'm going to go with a cool color palette mixed with white but I've always wanted to plant pink poppies so I plan to mix some in. I think they'll balance nicely with white and pale, cool colors such as green and purples.
3. I love boxwood and will use that along with white flowers. Boxwood creates a clean, classic feel.
5. I plan to design beds that mix various textures and heights.
6. This is an image of a updated ranch. I have a three season room off the back of my house that I'd love to turn into a family room at some point. I love the idea of adding windows on one side that face the side yard. I also have a yard off the side of my home.
7. Finally, I dream of having a pool someday. This classic pool and landscaping below is beautiful.