Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cinco de Mayo

We are going to have our own little Cinco de Mayo celebration tonight. While spanish music plays in the background my kids and I will make tacos. I may even whip up a couple anejo tequila margaritas. Although I am not Mexican; the cultural traditions, food and drinks are some of my absolute favorite!! My boyfriend is actually adopted and found out in his early twenties that his birth mother is of Mexican descent. Must be fate.


My top five Mexican inspired favorites:

1. The music. My musical tastes are all over the place but I've always enjoyed Spanish guitar music. To get a feel for the sound, check out this fun video!


2. I adore the colors of the embroidery and woven textiles of Mexico. Otomi embroidered items? Yes Please!
Dress via.
3. Tequila is hands down my favorite hard alcohol. I prefer the better quality brands and the smoothness of anejo. (aged for at least one year)
4. Mexican food!! Grilled fish tacos are one of my top three favorite foods to eat on planet Earth!
This recipe sounds yum! In fact, I have a number of Mexican recipes on my Pinterest page.
5. The idea of a Mexican inspired beach wedding sounds like perfection! This one combines all of the above and more!!

** Margarita's made with fresh ingredients are by far the best!! Try this recipe next time you make yourself a batch, you won't be disappointed. Via.

INGREDIENTS:
1 to 1 1/2 shots lime juice (1 shot glass equals 1/4 cup liquid)
2 shots water
1 to 2 shots tequila
1/2 to 1 shot agave nectar, or to taste
ice

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Over a large cup, squeeze limes, about 2 medium/large, ripe limes. Tip - Paler green limes and those with yellow spots, and those with thin skin are juicier than darker-skinned limes or those with thicker skin. Medium/large limes seem to release their juice easier than small limes.
  2. Add the water, tequila, agave, and stir. Taste and see if you need to make tweaks.
  3. If desired, strain mixture to remove any lime pulp, although I don't bother.
  4. Add ice generously, and stir or shake (by putting another cup over the top).
  5. Serve immediately. Recipe is intended for those whom alcohol use is legal, done responsibly, and is appropriate..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails