Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Modern style barn

I dream of someday taking all of my cataloged creative ideas and either revamping or building a new home. My personal style is sort of a conglomeration of parts. I love the coolness of an open floor plan Southern California beach home style but admire the well proportioned quaint details and charm of the homes of New England. I would most likely marry the two. A third style I am also drawn to for the clean lines, high ceilings and unique possibilities is the modern style barn/farm house look. 
This addition by Amber Interiors borrows from and is inspired by the "barn vernacular".

The possibilities of what can be accomplished on the inside of a barn inspired home are endless. I thought the home of 
The Executive Vice President of Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma brands, Monica Bhargava, was a layered and interesting home. The vaulted ceilings and mix of old and new works well here. She terms it "globally-inspired", because she keeps the palette tight it all really works! Images via: House Beautiful

I am sure you have already seen Joanna and Chip's latest barn reconversion on Fixer Upper here.
Although their tight budgets would never stretch quite as far in the Northeast!













1 comment:

Pink Camellias said...

These are so pretty. I've got a little shed out back that I'd like to fix up. We just painted our brick ranch house white with dark gray shutters. I'd love to bring that same feel to our shed. It's not a barn, but it'd be my mini version of a barn remodel! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails