Thursday, February 25, 2016

Out of the box

Anyone who knows me, understands that I prefer designs that don't feel too formulaic or predictable. In the end, I design with my client's needs and wishes in mind of course but we always love to throw in some fresh ideas over here at Shelter! My client's always appreciate the perspective. I enjoyed the entire OKL house tour of stylist Jessica de Ruiter's home. It's organic, inviting and well, unpredictable. (She is a stylist after all). I especially loved her office and daughter's bedroom. It's a functional but cozy space with artistic moments. Jessica's quote resonated with me "art appreciation starts young". I agree and try to invest in pieces I love both for myself and kiddies. The layered Moroccan rugs really add warmth and depth to James's bedroom. I'll be adding a few new vintage rugs to my house this Spring. Enjoy this entire tour here.





I find great rug choices on both Etsy and One King's Lane

PURCHASE HERE

PURCHASE HERE

JESSICA'S OFFICE

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails