Monday, April 25, 2016

Shelter Loves

Last week was school vacation for my kiddos. In all honesty the past three weeks have been a blur but I did take the time to head to Vermont late Thursday-Sunday. It is amazing how much children appreciate your undivided attention. I put down the phone and lap top and we went hiking, played soccer and snuggled up to a movie together. Those moments do wonders for their attitude and mine. We had a wonderful time and today they are back at school! I am feeling uber focused on work!  (hence this week's quote).  Here's to a productive week all around!! This is Friday's edition of Shelter Loves. I have zero wi-fi in VT.





1. I am pretty into my skin! I wash my face every night and am always trying new skin and body lotions. I figure I'll do anything to avoid more sun cancer surgery, wrinkles and dry skin. I will be using this Beauty Counter sugar body scrub to get my skin bathing suit and beach ready.

2. I am a dreamer by nature...Since my house is almost done (they are putting up hardy board in the bathroom as I type) I am envisioning my next steps. A second floor or pool perhaps?? This smaller pool and pool house would work just perfectly in my yard! I even had a new fence installed last week!

3. I have been tying scarfs in my daughter's hair lately. I'll be doing the same for myself all summer. I love this look! You'll be seeing more scarves all summer long!

4. This week's motto!! "Get it, girl".

5.  I was very saddened to hear of Prince's passing last Thursday. I have always LOVED music and grew up listening to much of his. I'd be lying if I said I did not know every word to every song on Purple Rain. RIP Prince.

6. Two words: This bag. (It converts to a backpack or shoulder bag too)

7. I came across Twine and Twigs nature inspired, handmade jewelry a few weeks ago. I scooped up a trio of bracelets right away. I love them and plan to order one of these fabulous necklaces soon. Read more about this company and see their great pieces here.

xo


1 comment:

Taste of France said...

You are 100% right about complete attention to your kids. It also sets a good example for them to disconnect and focus on what's important.
I love that bag (#6)!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails