Today I've shared the products I use to protect, nourish and treat my skin. I have one large scar and am hoping the new one on my shoulder isn't too bad down the road. I also stay covered up as much as possible. I live five minutes from the beach, so enjoying the seaside is a part of my lifestyle. Long gone are the days of sun-in and tanning oil but I still enjoy peaceful days by the shore. I love that my children enjoy the excitement and beauty of the beach like I did as a child. I am just much wiser about it now, for my sake and theirs!
1. I wear a hat the entire time I am at the beach. I even wear it in the water! The wide brim protects my face, head and highlights! This one available here.
2. I began bringing an umbrella to the beach when my children were babies. Shade is a luxury on a hot day. This one is adorable.
3. I also protect my eyes and the fragile skin around my eyes! Sunglasses are a must.
4. I love coverups and beach dresses. Sometimes I'll leave one on for extra protection.
5. I bought this yesterday. It came highly recommended by my doctor. It protects and repairs.
6. I am slightly addicted to my skin care routine and new products. This oil from Beauty Counter is a new favorite. I layer it under my skin cream.
7. Eye cream ? I cannot live without it!! This is a favorite! I mean I don't want to sound vain, but I am trying my best to hold onto my complexion and youth. (Did you see this by Amanda Peet??)
8. I love a comfy slide for the walk to the beach.. These cover the tops of my feet up well. Have you tried this brand?? It's great and reasonably priced.
9. Apparently retinol cream is the way to ago to keep your skin looking younger.. It refines your skin and fine lines..I own this brand. I am going to apply it at night and wash it off in the am.
10. I apply sun block liberally to myself and kids before we head outdoors. I purchased Elta MD for this summer's trips, camp, beach days etc. It contains zinc and is also water proof.
11. My dear friend Sarah, who is also a Beauty Counter consultant, recommended I try this balm. I slather it on a few times a week at night before I go to bed. I awake with super nourished and softer skin. It is also a face wash! It's magic in a jar! Trust me...
12. Lip balm with sunblock?? I can't live without it. This version is paraben free!!
Peace out! Have a wonderful weekend. xx