Monday, November 21, 2016

Cottage Love #51

I am drawn to homes with a sense of history. I think that's why I'm particularly fond of my "cottage love" series. Most of the abode's featured are older, have a beautiful back story and more often than not, equally fun renovation tales. Today's cottage has such a lovely, welcoming design inside and out. 

The former 1880's YWCA camp located in Northern California is owned by Blythe and Mark Harris. Blythe is the founder of the wildly successful jewlery company, Stella and Dot. The couple hired interior designer, Rita Konig along with architect, Gil Schafer to help with the project. I'm adoring the attention to detail. The more I study the spaces, the more I'm drawn in. Gil and Rita embraced the imperfections of the house and spent three years finishing the project. I thought this cottage was the perfect choice to kick off the holiday week! I'm working on a design for a farm house located in Texas, i'd be lying if I didn't say this entire home has my wheels turning with inspiration!! To read more visit Elle Decor





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails