Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Spring cleaning and a book recommendation!

'Tis the season to clean, donate and organize your home. I've been spending any spare time on the weekends trying to organize, not only my life (haha) but also my abode. As I've mentioned my house is small (it's just the kids and I) so small home = small closets. I dream of having a large walk in closet again someday. Every Spring I find it helpful and actually calming to get rid of things I don't wear or use. I de-clutter and re organize. In some cases I need to actually organize the area, like my linen closet, for example. This brings me to my next point, I found it helpful to read a book from a pro on the matter. Some people have organizing down to a science, so I was thrilled to receive a copy of Jane Stoller's book: Organizing For Your Lifestyle. Jane's book is a fun, well thought out guide to organizing all aspects of your life from your socks to your suitcase. 

A well organized life can truly transform your state of mind, stress and success level! I'm personally very organized with some things and not so much with others. I'm excited to set the inspiration I gained after reading Jane Stoller's book into action. I started with my coat closet last weekend and I'm moving onto my bedroom closet and linen closet this weekend. Next up: will be my bills and basement! Organizing For Your Lifestyle is arranged into common themes to help you organize your home. From the kitchen to the bathroom, Stoller shares ideas, advice and inspiration to help you lead a happier and healthier life. There’s also a special chapter for travel because packing properly for a once-in-a-lifetime trip will make it much more enjoyable!! Purchase the book here



 And now some visual inspo of how some seriously organized spaces look:

Yes, I could keep this bedroom closet organized by color very easily!!
I have changed over to mostly felt hangers, everything actually stays in place on them! 

Love how Gen organized her jewels! I only really wear what I can see!

MY DREAM BEDROOM LOOKS LIKE THIS, PAPER, SHOE COLLECTION AND ALL!!!!
I need to purge my small closet after looking at this image!!


--> -->

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails