Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Shelter Loves..


I had every intention of sharing this post on Friday but it did not happen. Sometimes the day gets away from us and that is okay. In fact, if you have your health (mentally and physically), safety for you and your family, food to eat and a roof over your head, everything else will be okay, most likely better than okay. Let's face it, life can be dark. I have had a difficult time processing the horrific event that unfolded in Las Vegas. I cannot take my mind off of everyone affected and the innocent people that lost their lives. Their family and friend's pain is unfathomable. 💗

I was also saddened to hear about the passing of Tom Petty. I grew up with his music and I am pretty sure we all have a favorite song that reminds us of a time and place in our life. He grew up poor with an abusive father but somehow rose above it all and shared his song writing ability and musical talent with us for over forty years. Besides sadness, and my work, here is what is rolling around in my mind. Thanks for reading my blog today. I am grateful for you all. xo 


1. I have a thing for ruffle tops. This J.Crew top looks flattering and would be beautiful layered during the colder months. I like the green too and it is 40% off - use code: yayclothes.
2.+ 6. Pretty bedding!! I am in the need of some fresh white bedding and I know I won't go wrong having Cece DuPraz monogram a pair of pretty shams for me
3. Copper down pipes and gutters. I'm always looking at home exteriors but even more so now that I'm going to be REPAINTING in a few weeks!! If I ever build a house I am thinking copper down pipes would be a good idea. ;)
4. Poppy Delevingne is so cute. (I may have even named my cat after hearing her name). She has a beautiful way of wearing feminine frocks. This is one of her outfits during London's fashion week.
5. So many of his songs remind me of different points in my life, especially when I was younger.  “Do something you really like, and hopefully it pays the rent,” he counseled. “As far as I’m concerned, that’s success.” Tom Petty 
Rest in Peace, Tom
I love all types of music and try to introduce different bands to my 7 and 10 year old. You better believe they'll be learning about Tom this week. In fact, we played his songs at breakfast!! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Petty forever. My husband and I just saw him last Mon at Hollywood Bowl. Magical night, no hint/ vibe it would be his last show...

Play the fuck outta that music this week, For you. For your kids. Turn it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails