Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year + setting intentions......


On New Year's Eve, I typically share my thoughts, reflect on the past year and set intentions for the year ahead. It's safe to say we all had highs and lows during 2020, I also feel we collectively shared struggles (remote learning), goals, safety concerns and hopes. 

Sending love and light to anyone who suffered a loss this year. I also wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on the front lines in the healthcare field, who tirelessly continue to work exhaustive hours caring for the sick. You are truly heroes. 

My reflections and intentions are fairly simple this year. My business continued to prosper in 2020. I am beyond thankful for my wonderful clients, unique projects and the creative escape. I'm going to do my best to focus on the good and stay positive as we head into 2021. Mindset is a very powerful tool.

Wishing you and yours a healthy, joyous, prosperous New Year. Thank you for the
ongoing support. I truly appreciate you all. 

1. For the month of January my sister and I are embarking on a running challenge. Feel free to join in! Our plan is to run at least one mile EVERY single day of the month. I'll then keep up the habit and run at least 2-3 days a week all year. After the gym abruptly closed in March, I began jogging outdoors more often and found the fresh, cold air invigorating. I will continue with spin class, once or twice a week as well. I kicked off 2020 with a weekly spin class session, it was a life changing mood booster that I hope to never give up.. I will also incorporate mindfulness and meditation into my weekly routine. 

2. Tune into more educational podcasts and books on audible. At the beginning of the year, I was reading a book or two a month. I hope to commit to setting down the phone and reading before bedtime more often. (If I can keep my eyes open)

3. Save money and donate items that I no longer use. My goal is to clear needless clutter from my home..(basement)

4. Practice patience and work on understanding others' perspectives without judgment or reaction. 

5. Continue to support small businesses of all types, including restaurants and artisans. 

6. I recently heard the term "abundance mindset". It's the practice of staying positive, believing in and focusing on the limitless opportunities available in life. It also embraces the realization that you are enough! (this is often a tough one for many people, including myself) Abundant thinking is centered around focusing your energy on the good in life and what you have as opposed to what you don't have. The concept stems from gratitude, appreciation and knowing that you can and will continually achieve personal growth. An abundance mindset leads to a more creative and inspired life.......I think we can all toast to that! xxx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails