Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BOY OR GIRL?

My belly is beginning to pop so I'm really starting to pull together my two "nursery concepts". I opted not to know the gender of my baby, so I'm creating two schemes...boy or girl! I know I want {need} to include a bed in the room for occasional guests, but this bed will also eventually be my "little ones" nest. Below are possible headboard selections I'm drawn to. {please disregard the color - I'm looking more at the shapes}. Ideally I would LOVE to start on something asap, so if I choose a bed option I could use a neutral color fabric that would work with either schematic....
BOY OPTIONS {MINUS THE COLOR SHOWN}
I think these two {above and below} could really go either way!

I've always LOVED this bed, the green shade is perfect.


GIRL OPTIONS

I've long loved this headboard. I would like to include an embroidered design on the headboard if it's a girl...


I love the softness and femininity of this bed.


Images: ?, Melissa Rufty, via everything LEB, Krista Ewart via Domino, Anthropologie, Caitlin Moran, ?

6 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Congrat's first of all. So very exciting! You posted so many terrific headboards that it' a tough pick. I adore each & everyone but lean toward the shape of the green one (color is fab). Not to female or male.
Hope your are feeling well? xx

Aesthetic Oiseau said...

I adore the headboards in your second boy option - the orange/pink room with the twin beds. They are sophisticated and fanciful and would work great for either gender...and on another note, I desperately want that room in my house...color scheme and all! Good luck with the baby prep... love your blog :)

Ivy Lane said...

#3 for "boy" and any of the "girls".... Congratulations! I did not know you were expecting..wonderful! :)

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Thanks so far for your comments. The more I look at the headboards, the more I think I may stick with a gender neutral shape, so I can get something in the room DONE! I may go with either # two or three!!! I agree, they are both amazing.

LindsB said...

I dont know how you will pick just one, they are all really great!

walrus studio said...

I would vote the black one for girl for it's whimsical yet classic shape. For a boy I would do the green one because I like it's stronger lines.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails