Monday, March 12, 2012

Truly a Bungalow

If you read my blog with any regularity then you know I'm looking to make some positive changes in my life. I want to purge, downsize, move on etc. etc. I've had my eye on a little ranch right down the street from a great beach for some time now. My fingers are crossed that it stays on the market, and drops in price a bit. I need to finalize my long awaited DD or (damn divorce) from the X before I can make a move. If I've learned anything over the past year, it's knowing that letting go of what you cannot control, (other people's actions) will make your life much easier. I do however believe that most of my destiny is within my control! Which actually feels AMAZING.

What I post on my blog usually ties back to what's going on in my life, I don't see how it can't really.  Now on to the post + photos...I came across this darling little bungalow via M Studio Design last week. It's simple, and quaint but possess some darling design details, like the windows, the built-ins, the cozy nooks and of course that fabulous out door shower! Have a wonderful week. It's warm in Boston, so I'm a happy girl! Bring on Spring!!









19 comments:

Laura@happyroost said...

I love this! It definitely has a feeling of independence for one :)

Laura
www.happyroost.blogspot.com

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Julie, this ... is... DELIGHTFUL!!! I LOVE it, especially the rugs~~~ they're FABULOUS!!!

Blessings,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Leah said...

i pinned the exterior of this bungalow not long ago and i love it so! wishing you the best as you start anew and absolutely love your style!

Leah said...

hoping i'm not leaving duplicate comment! i pinned the exterior of this bungalow not long ago b/c i absolutely love it. wishing you the best as you start anew and just want you to know, i love your style!

Ashley said...

Feels like the most chic little vacation spot on the planet, and whoever lives here permanently is pretty lucky.

xo J and V said...

The built ins are very cool and it has great light with some rustic charm:) Patience is a virtue, not always one I have, but usually pays off!

Ivy Lane said...

LOVE the photos of this darling home.. Hope your "DD" gets done soon so you can get the home you've been waiting for....!!!

A Perfect Gray said...

good luck with moving forward...donna

Jill Draycott said...

This place is AMAZING.

Jane Kilpatrick Schott said...

I am in exactly the same place you are right now and you have my support. This little house looks like just the place to re-energize your soul. I truly hope that things go your way...visualize my dear!!!

HannahJ said...

I pinned this entire post- this cottage is in my dreams- that shower- I DIE

My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER said...

Thanks for all your kind words and wonderful comments.

xx,
Julie

rym said...

I went through what you're going through now a few years ago, and you are right , you have to let go of a lot things to move on..All the luck! And this place is a little gem!!

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

I have to say, this is one of the most charming spaces I've seen in a LONG time! Wishing you and your children the best!

Dylan Drake said...

Bungalows are so adorable. I would love to live here!

www.dylandrake.blogspot.com

Danielle {freshquince} said...

Absolutely ab fab interior and exterior of this sweet little bungalow...looks like a dream home to me. Good luck and I wish you the best in getting it and moving on to a wonderful happy future filled with gorgeous interiors and peaceful gardens!

Bevin said...

I am a longtime follower of yours but new to posting comments. I absolutely love your blog (check in daily) and your design aesthetic! This post is no exception. Keep up the fantastic work!!

Chermaine said...

i love your blog!!! so inspirational, colourful and fun!!! love love love!

from the UK. ;)
x

inredningsvis.se said...

GREAT PICS:) I really like your blog so much nice inspiration...I wish you a very lovely week:)

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails