Friday, January 3, 2014

The striped rug...

Happy New Year! Wishing you a fabulous and healthy year!

I've taken a few days off from blogging but I plan to return in 2014 with more posts! Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. 

I've also been chipping away at my new home. There is lots to do but I need to pick and choose the areas to complete and focus on.
Over the last two weeks I've been shopping and rearranging my rugs for a couple of reasons. First off, I need to protect my newly finished hardwood floors. Darker floors look chic but they are more easily scratched. Secondly, nothing finishes off and warms up a room quite like a rug. I need a rug for my bedroom and I'm thinking I may go with navy stripes. (these examples are black). I love how stripes not only ground a room but add a fun, graphic element. Here are some of my favorite examples!


 Here are a couple finds that look very similar to the Madeline Weinrib version:
Rugs Usa


Ikea




2 comments:

designchic said...

It's a favorite - I have one in my son's playroom and it's survived all types of play. Love the first room!!

Katy Byrne said...

I'm obsessed with that Stockholm rug from IKEA (I posted on it on Friday!) Do it!

Katy
www.designsbykaty.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails