Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thoughts on home - tiny bathroom!


I wanted to give you an update on my house. The kitchen is still in the works but the drawers are almost done. I have also ordered the lighting that I shared with you and I'm testing out the hardware selection. (It is always a good idea to order one piece of hardware and test out the scale and quality before committing to an entire order).

The tile has been installed in the tiny half bath off of my bedroom. I chose a well priced porcelain. I've also shared a couple of pictures of the tired, old space! It had not been updated since the house was built in 1972 - eek. We ripped out the toilet and the sink. I originally thought that I was going to paper this space in Rose Cumming's : Zebrine but I've decided to hold off on the paper. I need to scale back on my expenses and can always add wallpaper at a later date if I'd like!! The next step is to clean up the bathroom, replace the old baseboard, paint the walls and add the items pictured above!
I purchased the simple sink, faucet and toilet. I hope to paint the bathroom next week. I'm going with either pink or navy. I'm leaning towards the pink. Although, I love navy walls I think the pink will feel fresher and more flattering. I'm sure I'll be primping in this space. ;)

Above are my two design boards and below are the pictures of the space now - UGH!

the new tile 

1. I think I may go with this simple sconce. I'm leaving the existing wiring so it needs to be installed above the mirror.
2. Monogrammed towels add a personal touch
3. I've purchased a similar faucet to this classic Kohler one.
4. Small bathrooms and powder rooms look great when you add a one of a kind or unexpected mirror similar to this bamboo one. via Horchow (it's 30% off today!)
5. Inexpensive pedestal sink via Lowes. (again I need to save $ someplace)
6. I'm adding a colorful piece of art onto the empty wall across from the doorway.

The color chosen will be from Clark+Kensington's new color line! I'll share the color name when I make the final choice!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pink and the navy. Beware though of the dark blue, my in-laws painted their master bath navy and when the walls are wet from the steam from the shower it looked off. It drove my MIL crazy and she went with a lighter color.

Lindsay Cowles Fine Art said...

Julie, I love it! I can always produce a bright colorful print for that painting for you for your bathroom!

Thanks for the post!! Can't wait to see what you do with the bathroom!

LC

peonygirl78 said...

Love the pink, Julie! Looking forward to seeing the result.

Lexi said...

EEp! I've been dying to do navy zebra for like evah! I know you're scaling back, though. Love the pale pink and navy color palette!

designchic said...

Love the colors and Lindsay's artwork is stunning!! Can't wait to see it finished ~

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

I'm going with light pink!! In fact I'm going to pick up the paint today...yay!

@lindsay Cowles fine art - I would LOVE that. I'll be in touch! Your work is beautiful!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

I'm going with light pink!! In fact I'm going to pick up the paint today...yay!

@lindsay Cowles fine art - I would LOVE that. I'll be in touch! Your work is beautiful!

Designing my Home said...

Great post! Been looking for good ideas with which to fill my new home. Thanks for all the info and pics! Love the blog!

Amy said...

My mother had that exact mirror in our powder room during my childhood, how I wish that I had kept it!

Chantel said...

Loving this look regardless of the color choice but I think that the painting would really pop against the navy blue. Can't wait to see the finished space!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails