Monday, November 24, 2014

Thoughts on home - Thanksgiving table update

Hello Loves! Today I'm sharing an update on my Thanksgiving preparations. I've got almost everything in order for the table. I'm purchasing the flowers tomorrow! Mind you this is a table on a "budget", so I'm going to mix a couple different types and bouquets to get a custom look. Here I have shared some common Fall/Thanksgiving bouquets for inspiration......

 I am however going to mix my colors up a bit. I was out scouting over the weekend and think I am going to combine the two floral looks below. The orange roses will be deeper and richer in color. 

My kids and I also gilded pumpkins yesterday. They loved it and I was really happy with the results! The smaller pumpkins are going to be used as place setting markers and I may guild the stems today. 
I am using these dishes on top of my china. They are from a family collection and are Spode, pattern: Florence. I'm loving the fretwork pattern and brown color!! Finally I had a couple of people ask for the stuffing recipe I use. I mentioned it is from the old school Better Homes and Garden's cookbook! I combine these two, double it and add a bit more spices and of course more BUTTER!!!

Bread Stuffing
3 Tablespns chopped onion  (I also use celery)
1/4 cup butter
4 cups bread cubes (about 7 slices of bread)
1/4 teaspn salt
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t poultry seasoning
1/2 t sage
2-4 T water or chicken broth

Cook onion and celery in butter.  Combine w bread and seasonings.  Toss with enough broth to moisten.  Makes enough for 3-4 lb chicken.  You have to at least quadruple the recipe.

Herb Stuffing
12 cups slightly dry bread cubes
1/3 cup snipped parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
11/2 teasp salt
1 teasp sage
1 teasp thyme
1 teach dried rosemary ( more if you use fresh)
6 T butter
1 cup chicken broth.

Makes enough for one 12 lb turkey. I usually double this recipe  Also use celery.  And adjust seasonings to taste, often using a little more than the above recipes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails