Thursday, April 2, 2015

Artist love - Kate Roebuck

I am continually searching for design inspiration and love when I come across an artist's work that makes a graphic, colorful statement. Often times when I am designing a space, I feel it's almost complete but we need to find the perfect pieces of art to add the finishing touch.  Don't get me wrong there are times when a beautiful piece of art can also be the impetus for a design and/or color palette. 

Today while working on a project I came across the paintings and prints of textile designer and artist Kate Roebuck. Her pieces are colorful, textural and in her words "rhythmic". I'm liking them.........

For purchasing information visit her site: Bower bird collective. Kate's sister, Laura, is also an artist. Her paintings are equally as pretty but have a slightly softer feel.

Here is a sampling of Kate's designs:


Many of her works are over sized. They would make a great statement on a larger wall!

I'm a fan of oversized artwork that sort of stops you in your tracks!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails