Monday, July 6, 2015

Insta-peek

Hello July + Good Morning! I wasn't anticipating taking so many "blogging" days off but last week and my mini-vaca sort of came and went so quickly! I actually can't believe it's over and Monday already!! I never ended up with much time to blog.

This week I am beginning a new weekly blog post that will include a sneak peek at what's happening in my life through the eyes of my Instagram account. I try to capture my work days and the little special details of my life through photos and instagram! I thought I would kick off this week with my new post idea. Each post may contain a couple or a bunch of images depending on what the previous week looked like!! 

Enjoy and Happy Summer! This is my FAVORITE time of the year.

The images are in the order of events...


I think I have mentioned, after several bouts of skin cancer on my face, that I do my best to shield my face from the damaging rays of the sun. I let my body get sun and the strangest thing is I still get pretty tan with sunblock on but I am getting white dots on my skin from the sun??!!  Here is a list of the EWG's recommended safest sunscreens.

Summer is my favorite time of year and the beach is my favorite place so there is no way to escape the sun 100%..Plus we all need a little vitamin D. I recently ordered Estee Lauder's bronze goddess. It delivers the perfect amount of a sunny glow to my face. I use it with a large brush.

On the first day of our Cape Cod trip, Matty and I went to the beach in Wellfleet. Cape Cod's natural seashore is stunning and protected. Read more about the area here
I'm a huge fan of oysters. Small Wellfleet oysters are my favorite. We enjoyed a dozen of these along with an oyster shot at the Beachcomber bar after our beachside afternoon.
We spent last Wednesday exploring Provincetown. I popped into John Derian to check out his array of decoupage creations. I loved the plates and paper weights.
The vintage sign outside of the Lobster Pot is a favorite. Stop here for a number of seafood options!
July 3rd is a bigger celebration than the 4th in my beachside community. Everyone lines the seven miles of ocean front for an array of private fireworks shows. This year's fireworks were amazing! It is my favorite night of the year! I was sure to break out my stars and stripes (shirt) for the occasion. This star jacket is no longer available but you can never go wrong with a classic denim jacket. Find a similar style sans the stars here
The beginning of the fireworks show!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails