Tuesday, September 8, 2015
This post was meant for Friday but things have been a little nutty around here with the back to school routine!! My daughter started kindergarten today. It was a bitter sweet day for me. There will now be more structure in our lives but my baby looked so grown up in her adorable dress and high top! Yes, she insisted on wearing high tops with her dress. She's a girl who already knows what she likes and wants! I wish my baby all the best!
I am always sad to see the summer go but new seasons are nice. I need more order in my life. I am going to look at Fall and back to school as a way to start fresh.
Here are this (last) week's picks.
1. When designing bedrooms for a client (and myself) my aim is to create a peaceful refuge. That does not mean it has to be bland. One key item for a beautiful bedroom is comfortable bedding. Sally from a Piece of Toast featured her perfectly designed room. See the rest here. She features her bedding by Biscuit Home. Biscuit Home offers an array of pretty bedding styles..
2. I love investing in pieces that work over multiple seasons. This little clutch from Tory Burch would transition well from Summer to Fall.
3. I spent Sunday morning looking for art for a client. Jenny Prinn has a number of interesting pieces! I am loving her work.
4. My house is really in need of painting. I've been drawn to really clean lines and fresh looking homes lately. A crisp white home with grey shutters is unexpected.
5. Very true!!
6. I love mixing my light colored sleeveless tops with jeans through the Fall.
Who doesn't want to feel more organized??!! I've decided my kids need to take part in the back to school plan! I thought this check list was a great idea. I am going to follow some of these points. I am also going to hang them each a back pack hook!
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 9/08/2015