Thursday, October 29, 2015

Budget friendly office make-over for Design Smarts - Before and After



Good Morning, excuse the low-quality iphone shots, it is all we had time for. This shoot was set up for tv and filming! Here is a peek of what I spent Monday and Tuesday doing. As most of you know, I work closely with Ace Hardware as one of their design experts. (there are three of us) This week I had the opportunity to re-design a small, dark, cluttered office for a busy family. The segment will air on Design Smarts this November. My aim was to transform this space with an updated floor plan and a make over that included new furniture and a fresh paint and color palette. I worked within a budget of under $5,000 and only had one day to purchase and arrange many of the items. (Thanks for all the help Megan!)

The updated design includes plenty of storage, whimsical, colorful accessories and a bright and organized work area. I used a neutral paint palette and unified the busy architectural details by painting the trim, ceiling and walls all in the same color - Shady Lady by Valspar. I varied the finish on the trim, walls and ceiling. I painted the niche and inside of the doors in a pretty navy shade - Blue Fedora by Valspar. I also added lighting to the perimeter of the room in a number of areas to fill the dark corners. I was happy with the layered results on such a quick turn around and small budget. 


lights, camera - setting up for filming
I included a mix of textiles including these African fabric pillows.
Here is shot of me! I somewhat tried to blend with the room. You can also see the doors are painted navy blue. This is a great way to add some color into your home. Not all interior doors need to be painted white or left natural! Also, don't be afraid to paint dark brick. I would not opt to paint antique bricks but I did propose to paint the 70's brick in this room!

links to outfit: plaid shirt, jeans - on sale, blazer, leopard loafer similar (I live in these)


 THE BEFORE SHOTS


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails