Monday, May 18, 2020

Revival Rugs!


I am typically focused on creating beautiful homes for my clients.
Lately, with all of this time sheltering in place, I have been re-shuffling my own home. One room that needed a bit of love was the living room. I aim to create timeless but fresh designs. I enjoy revamping my interiors every few years with simple updates. Purchasing a new carpet, replacing pillows, rehanging art and adding unique accessories are all wonderful ways to update your rooms. Design is an intuitive process for me but I always begin with a concept and inspiration. I live by the ocean and am drawn to the colors of nature but living sea-side also impacts our lifestyle. During the warmer months, life is fairly casual around here and involves lots of time outdoors, on the water and at the beach. My kids are young and I have a pet, nothing can feel or be too precious. Wet bathing suits and sandy feet often make their way indoors. I always mix new and vintage finds into my designs. I love handcrafted textiles and supporting small business. I was thrilled to discover the amazing online source, Revival Rugs. They have a very nice selection of handmade, natural fiber rugs in an array of styles.
I recently acquired and framed a gorgeous, oversized Gray Malin photograph. The mix of colors and textures in the photo was the starting point for my color palette. Next, I was on the hunt for a handmade, one of a kind, Turkish rug that had a soft, sophisticated feel but wasn't too fussy. I found the perfect rug at Revival Rugs! It arrived quickly, was well packaged and was a great price point. If you are in search of a new rug, be sure to check out Revival Rug's selection of lovely new and vintage rugs. I layered my vintage, Turkish rug over my existing natural fiber rug. The texture and colors beautifully ground the room and compliment the patterned French blue chairs. I am thrilled with my choice! Next up is hanging my off white linen drapes and having my sofa reupholstered.

I'll be using, Revival Rugs, again in the near future for my design projects and own home. Be sure to use the code: JULIERICHARD10, to receive 10% off of your order. Here is a peek at my living room and pretty rug. I'll will have my home professionally photographed when I can!
My Gray Malin's, La Fontelina Beach Club, photograph that inspired my color palette. Excuse the angle, I was trying to avoid window glare.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails