Tuesday, October 20, 2015

French Dressing Part Deux - 12/24 pieces!

There isn't much I like more than French style. In fact I adore almost french any and everything!

This post is part "deux" of a French Style Dressing. The part une post is from last February. Read the first post here.  I covered the French basics every woman shown own for the warmer season. Today I'm finishing the piece up with the final Fall/Winter essentials - 12 pieces to own!! I would also add a little black dress and a great pair of pumps to this list!!

I've always admired the french culture's ability to refine their lifestyle. They edit what they eat, they curate their homes and most have surely perfected how they dress. Many french women never over coif their hair but somehow it looks perfectly messy. This goes for the typical skin care and make-up routine too.

They seem to know exactly what to do but never appear to try too hard. I'm liking that philosophy, it speaks to my design sensibility. Things should look perfectly imperfect and never forced. With this said, I plan to edit my closet this weekend. Cutting back on the clutter in my life has been fabulously freeing. (now if I could get to those boxes in my basement!) Every time I purchase something new, I donate something I don't wear any longer.

Hope you enjoy this post as much as I liked pulling it together.. A bientot!


Here are a few of my favorite french fashion icons:


Marion Cotillard


Ines de la Fressange - I worship her fashion sense
Melanie Laurent - like Melanie my hair is often swept back into a pony or braid.
And of course Emmanuelle Alt

Here are the pieces and the details (below)

(links in red)

BOTTOMS:
1. Fitted black pants - match anything!! And are comfy for busy ladies and mommies. 
2. Cropped flair pants - a look like this can be dressed up or down. I am loving the splash of color.
3. Leather pant or pant with leather details. A must have. I wear mine all the time!

TOPS:
1. A v-neck sweater - (I usually layer a tank underneath - see part une)
2. A great fitting denim shirt. (which I will be wearing today)

OUTERWEAR:
3. A gorgeous coat! Camel is timeless!
4. A velvet blazer. This can be layered a zillion ways! - this is 25% off!!
5. A leather jacket. Another piece that will last for ages!

JEWELS - French women choose these wisely. They are often better quality and they never wear too many baubles at a time.

1. Earrings - statement earring are fun with a simple outfit!
2. Bracelet - loving this entire collection 

THE BAG:

1. A great quality bag is a must! I adore satchels...

BOOTIES:
These are the perfect Fall to winter boot when it's not snowing!


HERE IS THE FRENCH DRESS PART UNE! Combine all of these pieces in your closet, add a little black dress, a great pair of heels, a cozy oversized chic sweatshirt about five scarfs and you are on your way to a perfectly edited french closet!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails