Friday, September 14, 2018

Shelter Loves...


There's something refreshing about waking up on a Friday. I usually make the last day of the work week very productive, easing into the weekend with all the boxes checked and my to do list tackled makes me feel better about enjoying some down time on the weekend. My brain does not turn off much during the week and quite frankly design projects can be all consuming. (I've been known to jot an idea down or draw a quick sketch at 4 am). I'm excited about the array of projects I'm working on and am constantly trying to create the next well executed and designed moment. Here's what sparked my interest this week! Happy Weekend - xx

1. + 2. I think I enjoy the street style better than the photos of the fashion shows during Fashion Week. NY was up this week! One thing I did spot was the resurgence and simplicity of the cotton tee. T-shirts work with just about any type of clothing - A favorite, is the Madewell version (image #1). I am purchasing all three colors of the crew neck (I already own the v-neck) Image (2) shows the versatility of this wardrobe staple. Finally, do you read 'Man Repeller"? It's a witty and well written editorial blog that covers a slew of topics and never leaves out fabulous, fashionable finds. Leandra is a wildly creative writer and her street shots of NYC this year do not disappoint. 

3. Limed wood in the kitch, I also adore the use of an unexpected light above the island.
4. Beautiful stationery with custom monograms. Here are two companies that offer a beautiful selection. 1 and 2
5. The latest necklace trend: The Cowrie choker. This one is pretty. Etsy also a number of inexpensive, casual versions. 
7. The delightful illustrations and paintings by Chinese artist, Oamul Lu. To put it simply, his works make me happy
8. Love this tidbit! #truth




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails