Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Updating your outdoor space

This year I hope to create a seating area outside to enjoy. Over the past few years I have been primarily focused on the interior and exterior of my home itself, this year I want to give a little love to a patio area. There are ways you can create a comfortable seating space with ambiance, that won't break the bank! Here are some inspirational photos and tips, most of the ideas pictured can be replicated on a smaller budget!

1. Develop an inspiration board and layout first - A plan helps with vision and function, this way you won't waste money or time on items you don't truly need. The tighter your design the better it will look in the end!
2. Spend as much money as you can afford on quality chairs and cushions. Think about your seating arrangement, shop for furniture and cushions that can withstand the weather and the sun. 
3. Inexpensive cafe lights are a great way to make the space feel welcoming and cozy at night. * Find them here
4. Splurge on spraying for bugs. I did last year and it made my yard so much more enjoyable and safe! (The mosquitos are terrible in my neighborhood) I opted for an all natural garlic spray, it worked well!
5. Pretty planters and plants add beautiful greenery and can also nicely define your seating area. 
6. Small tables serve as a place for drinks and snacks. I hope to include a round dining table with chairs on my patio. 
7. Candles in enclosed lanterns also make a beautiful, relaxing statement and provide additional light. *Pottery Barn sells pretty outdoor lanterns. 







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails