Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Finds - What I'm loving this week...

This light fixture from Pieces, Inc.. I've loved this since I saw it in Lee's kitchen via the Cottage Living Spread. Now if I only had the cash to buy it! Maybe I could make something similar. hmmm? I need a light for over my kitchen table. The ceiling is wired and ready to go. I just can't make a decision on a fixture. This one keeps popping up in my mind!
Wheat inspired lighting


Image: Downtown

The new "instant heirloom" collection from J.Crew. I've always been a fan of chunky "statement" jewelry, esp. when paired with an understated look.
Have a FAB-ulous weekend everyone!!

8 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

Love all the lighting from Pieces..just not the prices.

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

I love all their lighting.
Lee does a great job pulling everything together. I'd have to agree with you on the $$.

Ivy Lane said...

I am so happy to see this post today! I was getting nervous that wheat inspired items were going "out".. I have a beautiful chandelier in my dining room that is wheat inspired and the backs of the rod iron chairs in my kitchen have a wheat motif as well as the light fixture in my guest bath.. Phew... !!!! They can stay for now!!! thanks for the post!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Don't fret. Classic itmes like "wheat" inspired designs never really go out of style.

firefly said...

Looks like you could replicate the light pendant by soaking a heavy duty string in liquid starch, then laying it over a bowl or balloon and leave it to dry. Or use wire to get the same effect...

LindsB said...

I am loving those sconces, they are beautiful!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

I agree regarding the light.
liquid starch is a great idea!

Kaye said...

Awesome stuff for home decoration!! It gives really wonderful look to any home!! Thanks for sharing this!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails