Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Four ways....

I don't know about you but I am looking forward to Spring in a big way! I've always found when you've got the blues, winter or not, it is important to focus on the positive! I know some peeps might find this concept annoying, especially when it feels like everything is going wrong in your life...But it was (and is) what truly got me through the tough times. When I was living alone, as a newly single mother with a new born baby and three year old in a big old house I would repeat: "Focus on the good, Julie"... As my life changes, I still repeat this mantra when I am feeling overwhelmed.

To combat my winter blahs this year I am going to think about what I can do to my home and yard to update it! Today I've included "4" ways to update your home on a budget.
1. Painting your front door a fresh color is a quick and inexpensive way to brighten your home. This winter warm aqua doors have been catching my eye. I love this shade (aptly named): Happy Dance - 31C-2 by Clark+Kensington paints
2. Switching out or purchasing new pillows is a great way to enhance your home. Furbish Studio is taking 15% off all of their pillows right now! Jamie has a great selection on her site. **Designer Trick: fill your pillow with an insert one size larger than the pillow dimension. This will make for perfectly plump pillows!**

3. I love this kitchen revamp by Sarah Sherman Samuel of Smitten Studios. Changing your hardware will give your kitchen cabinets an instant update. I'm loving this brass pull Sarah used - find here.

4. Matty and I did quite a bit of yard work at my home last year but I still have lots to finish up. It's always a good idea to devise a plan before you make your purchases. A simple sketch or water color painting is a great way to organize your ideas. BHG has a link to a number of images and free design plans. 

1 comment:

Notes From ABroad said...

I like that color, Tiffany Blue - sort of :)

I am about to buy a new home and the door is Red. Chinese for good luck .. I need it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails