Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Shelter + Ace Hardware + A DIY

The piece before 

Most of us LOVE a good before and after! I'm here to share a goodie with you today. Last week my assistant, Lindsey, (who rocks by the way) and I transformed her television credenza. The RH piece had good bones but she wanted to update and brighten her family room. We had the kids help out with the vignette part of the painting project. It was a fun way to spend a sunny, Thursday afternoon in October and the kids had a blast. The result? Well let's take a look. You can also see the entire process on Ace Hardware's Instagram account
Here we all are painting, spraying and gilding pumpkins. Because, anything gilded looks better!
I'm teaching Emerson the tricks of the trade early. She loved using Amy Howard at Home's lacquer finish gloss. (Honestly, this paint is amazing)
Here I am styling the vignette. I had a number of readers ask me about my booties. Find them here, they are super comfy and work with so many outfits!!
A detail shot of Amy Howard's lacquer gloss finish! It looks incredible on furniture!!!
Ta da!!! It's amazing what you can do with a little elbow grease and a few cans of paint. The credenza is painted Clark+Kensington's - chalk white and the inside is painted a deep shade called - balmy night
Here are the products we used. They are all available at your neighborhood Ace Hardware. 



3 comments:

Shelley said...

The credenza looks great. This makes me want a navy hi-gloss pumpkin of my own!

kate said...

It looks great! I labsolutely ove it.

Madison said...

Wow, thanks so much or sharing this project, you did a fantastic job transforming her credenza, the white polished finish is so sleek and really gave the furniture new life, and the pumpkin collection are beautiful, the perfect autumn decoration, and glazing the pumpkins really makes the piece stand out, love the colour scheme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails