Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Inspired - Brad Ford Design




{images: Hampton Showhouse}
I often don't have the time to slow down..I'm usually running from one place to the next..busy, busy, busy with my babe's, my business, my blog..you name it..but now and again I try to take the time to absorb information, new ideas, architecture, nature, fashion, art etc..for inspiration. Today I'm sharing the work of New York based designer Brad Ford. His designs are classic but modern, they possess a sculputural quality without being too precious..his mix of texture, use of light and color and array of "found objects" with a hint of masuclinity are both engaging and unpredicatable..in my book, he has mastered the art of "good design"! okay, I'm off and running {again} to a contractor meeting....have a good day!












10 comments:

Ivy Lane said...

I love that he incorporates a bit of nature in each space....in a rustic natural "piece" or greenery in a vase..or...texture on the wall.. just love Mr. Ford's work!

1 Funky Woman said...

Every picture is gorgeous! I love how there are fresh flowers or greens in every room!

Notes From ABroad said...

Wow, where to start !
I love the rooms. I love that slightly worn chair. I love the painting .. I am not in love with the "Square" theme in the first photos, it seems to be too deliberate and a touch overdone but the rooms are still lovely.
Lots of inspiration here !

Ludmila {creamylife.com} said...

I was introduced to Brad Ford's work short time ago, but ever since I find inspiration in his work and consider him an amazing example to follow! xoxo

Kelly Green said...

ah yes - elegant, stylish and very very clever!!KG

Gramercy Home said...

Wow. I'm so glad to know about his work. It's remarkable. That first image is amazing - those little sailboats...how clever!

Anonymous said...

This is really very very special, neutral, peaceful but lots of interest with texture without being too anything. Just beautiful thank you for highlighting.

Jill Seidner | Interior Design said...

LOVE his work - these are all great pictures, very inspirational! Especially love the living room pictures with the "swings." Thanks for sharing!

eowiin said...

I think those intériors are créative but classical without any ostentation. eowiin

ashley from nyc said...

the first pics are from the hamptons designer show house from last summer where brad was given the screened porch to design. i love that he incorporated traditional porch elements (porch swings, wind chimes) albeit with a distinctly modern twist! i'm a huge fan of his work--modern, earthy, and comfortable--love, love, love!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails